007. I'm just starting out having ethical investment discussions, what do I need to know from my clients?
For the fifth and final question in the Ask Me Anything for Ethical Investment Week series, we look at different styles of questions that financial advisers can use for client conversations about ethical investment preferences.
We discuss in detail the following types of questionnaires:
- Open-ended questions about the issues that your client may wish to avoid or preference in their portfolio.
- Using a list of ethical preferences and determining whether your client wants to support, avoid, or analyse further.
- Uncovering your client's ESG profile - the environmental, social, and governance issues that matter most to your client, and the materiality thresholds that make for some juicy discussions.
- Letting your client rank the issues that matter most to them. A helpful first step in determining the ethical and responsible investment products that would best match your client's needs and values.
As a special promotion for Ethical Investment Week, you can access a set of four easy-to-use client questionnaire templates for 50% off using code EIW50.
The templates are delivered in MS Word format so they are completely editable and flexible.
Advisers can add their branding colours and fonts, logo, and adjust the questions to create a questionnaire that is unique to them and their clients. The templates come with easy-to-follow video instructions.
Also mentioned in this episode, is the Ethical Advice Accelerator VIP Waitlist. The Accelerator program is the most efficient and comprehensive way for a financial adviser to incorporate ESG and ethical investing in advice and discussions with clients. Jump on the list to save, and be first to know when enrolments open for the February 2022 program.