006. Where do ethical sustainable fund managers go wrong when communicating with financial advisers?
For question four in the Ask Me Anything for Ethical Investment Week series, we look at best practice for fund managers when communicating with ethical investment advisers.
We focus on two forms of communication:
- Adviser briefings and presentations
- Your website (the most significant communication tool a fund manager has with advisers)
Key takeaway for fund managers - conduct an audit of your website and see if you have the following:
- Holdings disclosed for each unique fund
- Voting records for each unique fund (listen out for a bonus tip!)
- Clear policies
- Engagement report
- Extra helpful resources
- Easy-to-navigate website
If you're an adviser and would like to get confident with researching ethical and responsible investment products, and avoid greenwashing, then join the Ethical Advice Accelerator. The Accelerator program is the most efficient and comprehensive way for a financial adviser to incorporate ESG and ethical investing in advice and discussions with clients.